We are a mixed-billing practice. Our fee policy ensures that the out of pocket expense is similar regardless of the consultation time.
Please note our updated consultation fees outlined below. These are effective from 1 Nov, 2023. Despite the increase, the out of pocket expense remains at $25. If there is to be a higher out of pocket expense, your GP will advise you at the time of your consultation.
|Standard Consultation (up to 20 minutes)||$66.40||$41.40||$25|
|Long Consultation (20 to 40 minutes)||$105.10||$80.10||$25|
|Prolonged Consultation (over 40 minutes)||$143||$118.00||$25|
We will bulk bill the following:
- Children under 16 years of age with a valid Medicare Card (excluding overseas visitors)
- People 70 years and older with a valid Medicare Card (excluding overseas visitors)
- DVA Gold Card holders
- Health Care Card holders
- Australian Pension Card holders aged under 70 years of age
- Patients registered for CTG (Closing The Gap)
Please ask reception for a full list of fees. Medicare rebates apply to those who are eligible.
Some procedures might incur a treatment room fee charge.
Any bulk billing eligibility provided by MJD Health Medical Clinics may not extend to additional tests such as radiology, pathology, etc. To find out the costs of any referral from your GP, you should liaise directly with the referring partner.
Telehealth Consultations Please note that telehealth consultations are charged the same rate as face-to-face consultations. A Medicare rebate is applicable only if you have been to the clinic in the last 12 months, and this rebate can be processed at the time of payment.
Late Cancellations/Did Not Attend Policy Due to a high demand of appointments here at MJD Health Medical Clinics, we have a cancellation/did not attend policy. We are consistently heavily booked and missed appointments may deprive another patient of an appointment.
If you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, we kindly ask that you contact the practice a minimum of two hours before your appointment time.
In some circumstances, late cancellations or missed appointments may incur a fee of $50.00.
WHAT IS A STANDARD CONSULTATION?
- Urine infection
- Morning after pill
- Breast check
- Skin infections
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Asthma exacerbation
- Blood pressure check
- Ear infection
- Sore eyes or ears
- Minor injuries or infection
- Sports injury
WHAT IS A LONG CONSULTATION?
- Pregnancy visit
- Menopause counselling
- New patient starting on the pill
- Asthma review with breathing tests
- Initial travel advice visit
- Mental Health Plan
- Cervical screening and breast check
- STI check
- Baby check at 6 weeks old (separate appointment required for mum)
- Multiple minor problems appointment
- Medicals – these must be pre-booked
- First presentation and investigations of headaches / tiredness / abdominal pain / back pain / chest pain / dizziness / abnormal vaginal bleeding / low abdominal pains
- Ear syringing